Saturday 21 March 2015

Watches are a confidence trick invented by the Swiss

The original can be read HERE.  Note how I use solid blacks to avoid doing any work - erm, I mean major detail on the Dredd jimp in panel one, though I think the solid blacks help it as the pacing on this as an action scene is off for me, as it feels like there's just so little energy across the panels, prompting me to not draw any city detail in the background of the last panel so that it's just these basic triangular shapes drawing your eye in the relevant directions.  It doesn't really salvage it, in my opinion, and I probably should have kept the speed lines in panel 1, ironically the one thing I didn't refuse to change.
I like to think there's a charm in seeing Dredd chased by a guy on a lawnmower, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment